A recent email from Melissa:
Today we went to a small town in the mountains. I can´t remember the name of the town . They have not had American tourists before so it was a big deal. The Mayor of the city greeted us and hosted a dinner in our honor. Were were given a tour and taken to the park where we were given free admission. This is an amazing town. It is Brazil´s version of Bisbee. I took a brochure, it is all in Portuguese but you can get the idea. There is a wine festival in November that I would love to come back for. I took many pictures. Coffee plants grow wild on the hillside! I was just freaking out. I recognized them right away and pointed them out to the group. The tour guide laughed and confirmed I was correct. I also did a zip line and rappelling today. It was a blast! When we come back to Brazil I will want to take you to this place. I asked and they said we should be able to take a bus from Fortaleza.
Tonight we are going to a Salsa club which should be fun. I am exhausted so I hope it is not a long night.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds amazing! Glad to hear your having a good time! :)
Post a Comment