Well I fly out to Rio de Janiero today which is the last leg of the trip. I will be in Rio for 4 days. Leaving Fortaleza is bittersweet. I have made so many friends here which is something I did not expect. I have learned so much at the University and was even offered an opportunity to teach English at the school. I think if Chris had been with me our house would be for sale by now and we would be moving here :)
Fortaleza is beautiful and I want to bring Chris back as soon as we can come. A family I met has offered to host us in their home and show us around when we come back. Just another offer of their kindness here. I know I say it in every post but I love the people here. I love Brazil.
However I do miss my home, my dogs, and most of all my husband. It will be good to get back to the States. It will be nice to take a hot shower (a luxury they do not have here). Please keep me and my group in your prayers. As you may have heard a plane went down in the ocean from Rio to France just yesterday. I pray for those families and the Lord´s protection over our travels.
Melis
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen, Melis! You are in my prayers.
Love,
Mamacita
Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Post a Comment