An email I received from Melissa last night...
Today was a tour of a factory that makes jeans. It was very interesting to see the process from start to finish. It was a long tour in the factory and probably the hottest I have ever been in my entire life. I was sweating in places I didn't think were possible. All I could think of was that people work here 8 hours a day - YIKES!
Yes, tonight was crab night. It was fun but it started raining very hard. I took pictures and will try to post them on Facebook tonight. The crabs were 3 Reis which would be $1.50 Can you believe that? It was a fun night. It was on the beach and kinda reminded me of something you would see in the Florida Keys.
We also had a speach today on Brazilian culture. I thought it was very interesting. Afterwards the presenter came up to me and said how much he liked me and I was very nice. Long story short he asked to friend me on Facebook.
I went to class with my host student. I’m not sure that she asked the teacher. She just had me come in and sit down. About half way through the class the teacher came over to her and a group that was working together. He kinda sounded mad that they were including me. She said something, and all I caught was "Americano". He came charging around the students and over to me. He asked "Where are you from?" I told him Chicago. He told me he had been to Chicago and it was a pleasure for me to be in Brazil and his classroom. When I left he came over again and said what a pleasure it was and that I was welcome back any time. Again, the people here are just SO NICE!
My host family is very nice. Only Julianna speaks English. I am picking up some words but not enough. The book I bought is awful. It does not include anything useful.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Great experiences!
Mamacita
Yes, it has been an experience to change my life! Melis
Post a Comment